Cedara Inc. ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website cedara.ai (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party, and sources beyond Company’s control; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
What is Personal Information? "Personal information" is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (such as account number, password), social media account information, or payment card number. The types of personal information that we may process depends on the business context and the purposes for which it was collected.
General Types of Information Collected. We, or our data analytics services, collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your role at your company; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
General Methods of Collection. We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From time to time, we may also receive personal information about you from third party sources.
Information You Provide to Us
Forms and Account Creation. We will collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting a demo or other information about our services, registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services.
Communication with Us. We may collect records and copies of your correspondence (including your name or email address), if you contact us for customer support or service or otherwise. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
Surveys. We may collect your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and other purposes.
Transactions. We will collect information regarding the details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Usage Details. We may collect details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and transactions that you engage in.
Equipment and Software Information. We collect information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Geographic Location. We collect information about your geographic location (e.g., the approximate location associated with your IP address).
Uses of Technologies. Our uses of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes technologies that enable you access to our Services, that are required to identify irregular behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions;
- Performance Related. We may use technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services and keeping track of your specified preferences or past pages viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party technologies to develop and deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites.
Technologies We Use: The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Session Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Session cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- APIs and Software Development Kits. We may use third party application programming interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties, including advertising partners, to collect your personal information in order to provide content that is more relevant to you.
Information From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from third parties. This may occur, for example, if you access or use our Services through a third-party application, such as a social networking service or a third-party login service. We may collect information about you from that third party that you have made available via your privacy settings.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
To Provide Our Services. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To verify your identity and to present our Website and its contents to you.
- To deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to (i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (iii) speed up your searches; and (iv) recognize you when you return to our Website.
- To provide you with information, products, services, and support that you request from us.
- To assist in maintaining the safety and security of the Website.
- To improve the website and our services, including quality control, safety and security.
- To develop new products and services.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To conduct research and development (including marketing research), to conduct marketing campaigns, and to measure interest and engagement in our products and services.
- To carry out our legal and business obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To prevent and prosecute potentially illegal activity.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use personal information to provide you with personalized content and advertisements.
- Some of the ways we may market to you include email campaigns, custom advertising, webinars, social media, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising.”
- If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and process your date on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and data protection laws. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the site, those providing website and data hosting services, providing fulfilment services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on our services and providing IT support services from time to time.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cedara's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cedara about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cedara, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Third Party Collection. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Your Privacy Rights
Cedara’s goal is to align with privacy laws and requirements around the world. Some of the primary guiding laws we follow are the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in the EEA, Switzerland , and United Kingdom; the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA” and its predecessor “CCPA”, collectively CPRA); Virginia or other US states, as well as other jurisdictions where they have privacy laws with similar rights. Cedara does not “sell” or share your personal information as defined under certain applicable laws such as the CPRA. We do not discriminate against individuals for exercising their privacy rights.
We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
You can review and change your profile information, your communication preferences and your access to push/device notifications by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
When Cedara is acting as a “data controller,” you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with Cedara by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Cedara is acting as a “data processor,” and you wish to exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations, Cedara will direct you to the data controller under the applicable data protection laws.
If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
We have implemented technical, organizational, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on third-party secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are required to keep passwords and access credentials confidential and not share them with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Further, we will have no responsibility for errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our control.
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending a notice through the Services or by sending an e-mail to you.
International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States and other countries. If you are an individual located in another jurisdiction outside of the United States with laws governing data processing that differ from United States laws, please be aware that data we collect will be processed and stored in the United States.
We will protect your personal information in accordance with this policy wherever it is processed. Certain recipients (our service providers and other companies) who process your personal information on our behalf may also transfer personal information outside the country in which you are resident. Where such transfers occur, we will make sure that an appropriate transfer agreement and legally adequate transfer mechanism is put in place to protect your personal information, designed to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
Our processing of personal information may include both automated and manual methods. When automated methods are used to assist in decision-making, we may manually review some of the insights produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the insights were made. In the event that decisions are made solely based on automated methods of processing and produce legal effect or significantly affect an individual, we will provide the impacted individual the opportunity to question the decision or request manual review.
We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
We value your opinion. Should you have questions or comments related to this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: email@example.com or send mail to:
350 5th Avenue, Ste 6740,
New York, NY 10118.